NTU welcomes freshmen of Academic Year 2008/09
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) welcomes 6300 freshmen to its 12 schools this year.
Five direct honours programmes with high relevance to the industry and business sectors are introduced this academic year 2008/09. These five new undergraduate programmes added 311 more highly abled students, many with straight A-grades to the freshmen cohort.
The five new programmes are:
- Double Honours Degree in Accountancy and Business
- Double Honours Degree in Engineering and Economics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Information Engineering and Media
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Linguistics and Multilingual Studies
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Maritime Studies with Business Major
The events lined up to welcome freshmen into the university include the Freshmen Welcome Ceremony which gives freshmen the opportunity to meet NTU President, Dr Su Guaning and members of the faculty. Other events include the Heritage Walk, introduced in 2003, a Joint Hall Welcome Bash, and Welcome Week which includes a Welcome Carnival and IT Fair.
*** END ***
Monica Khoo, Manager, Corporate Communications Office
Tel: 6790 4886; Mobile: 9125 2548; Email: email@example.com
About Nanyang Technological University